[BCMA] High Times at the Nelson Museum with the release of 'Grow Show'

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Apr 10 11:28:14 PDT 2024

Hi there - the Nelson Museum is proud to announce the launch of the long-awaited publication Grow Show. This beautiful book is the first of its kind – telling the story of cannabis culture through from the perspective of growers, smokers, advocates, dissenters, and enforcers. Many of the stories in Grow Show have never been shared publicly; together they chronicle an underground economy that built a small rural town in the BC Interior into the birthplace of legendary BC Bud.

I've attached a press release that provides further information about the book and the launch event – please contact me if you would like further info or to arrange a conversation with Curator Arin Fay.

Thanks,
Steph

(Image caption: Grow Show book cover. Image submitted to the Grow Show exhibition (2021) via anonymous sources.)

Stephanie Delnea (she/her)
Communications and Development Manager
The Nelson Museum, Archives & Gallery
P: 250-352-9813 x.204

The Nelson Museum, Archives & Gallery acknowledges that the Museum resides on the traditional unceded territory of the Sinixt and Ktunaxa peoples. We would like to thank the Sinixt Confederacy, Yaqan Nukiy Ktunaxa Band, and the West Kootenay Metis Association for the opportunity to live, learn, and share in cultural experiences in this beautiful place.

[cid:c7ea4ee5-8f3f-4621-b1d0-9a8d5514a4d1]