[BCMA] Job Posting - Administrative Coordinator

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Jun 22 09:52:54 PDT 2022

Hi All,

Coquitlam Heritage is looking for an Administrative Coordinator to join our team.

Job Description:
We’re looking for a positive, focused, creative person to support the Executive Director with financial, grant-related, and everyday tasks, support the Communications Manager with grant budgeting, and the Programme Manager with scheduled tour bookings and coordination. This would suit somebody who enjoys working independently while connected to a great, supportive team. You have a penchant for numbers, and you love to read the stories within the spreadsheets. You also understand how to work a budget and how to support team members in managing their allotted funds.
Coquitlam Heritage aims to build a team that reflects the immense diversity of residents found in Coquitlam. As such, we encourage interested, qualified applicants, especially those from IBPOC and LGBTQ communities, to submit a resume and short cover letter. Every resume will be read. We will be contacting those applicants we’d like to interview. We would love to fill this position by early July. Two weeks of training will be supplied, beginning July 18, 2022.

Responsibilities
The position of Administrative Coordinator includes the following responsibilities:

  *   Bookkeeping (Sage 50 Pro) and payroll (Payworks) for the organization;
  *   Preparing financial reports, including project- and grant-specific reports;
  *   Grant budget administration and writing support;
  *   General information management and research, some of it confidential and sensitive;
  *   Working with vendors and coordinating facility management;
  *   Office administration and technical support;
  *   Supporting the programming department with tour bookings, invoicing, and collection;
  *   Prepare documents for the Board meetings, including minutes, agendas, and supporting reports;
  *   Coordinating our tourism booth;
  *   Scheduling Heritage Assistants; and
  *   Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.

Skills and Characteristics Required for Success

  *   Strong bookkeeping skills;
  *   Comfort working with numbers;
  *   Budgeting, reporting, and grant-writing experience;
  *   Organized and works well independently but fits nicely into a close team;
  *   Thoughtful, flexible, and creative with problem solving;
  *   Kind demeanor and good working with those of different personalities;
  *   Strong technical skills are an asset;
  *   Must pass a criminal record check;
  *   Additional language is an asset; and
  *   Experience in the non-profit sector an asset.

Hours

  *   30 hours per week;
  *   $22 per hour;
  *   Three paid weeks of vacation per year;
  *   Inclusion into the extended medical and pension plan after passing three month probationary period;
  *   Schedule set in consultation with Executive Director.

To Apply
Submit a resume and short cover letter to Candrina Bailey (cbailey at coquitlamheritage.ca) by Tuesday, July 5, 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview over the following two weeks.

Jenna Masuhara
Administrative Coordinator
Pronouns: they, them

Coquitlam Heritage at Mackin House
1116 Brunette Ave | Coquitlam BC | V3K 1G2
604-516-6151
www.coquitlamheritage.ca<http://www.coquitlamheritage.ca/>

We are located on the unceded, traditional territories of the Kwikwetlem First Nation.

I'm usually in the office on Monday to Thursday.