[BCMA] WOVEN: Setsuko Piroche’s Wonderland

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Mar 27 12:10:22 PDT 2024

Exhibition

*WOVEN: Setsuko Piroche’s Wonderland*

We invite you to enter the unique world of Setsuko Piroche (née Hane), a
colourful and diverse cross-cultural artist whose career spans more than 70
years. This exhibition brings together over 40 pieces of her unique
artistic worldview, including three-dimensional textile works that were
central to the Arts & Crafts Movement in the 1970s, woven suspensions,
paintings in Nihonga technique that she mastered before immigrating to
Canada, and illustrations for children books published in both Japanese and
English. Please enjoy Setsuko's curious and mysterious world. Co-Curated by
Makiko Hara and Sherri Shinobu Kajiwara.

WOVEN: Setsuko Piroche’s Wonderland

March 16 - September 28, 2024

10:00 am - 5:00 pm

Tuesday - Saturday

Admission by donation

Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre

6688 Southoaks Crescent, Burnaby, BC

centre.nikkeiplace.org

604.777.7000

info at nikkeiplace.org

[image: C2FBCC56-55BA-4CAA-BC0B-B12B6260FDC2_1_201_a-resized.jpg]

Photo by Wakana Shimamura

Nichola Ogiwara 荻原にこら

Communications Coordinator
Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre

日系文化センター・博物館
6688 Southoaks Crescent, Burnaby BC  V5E 4M7
*T* 604.777.7000 ext.109

<https://centre.nikkeiplace.org/>    <https://www.facebook.com/NNMCC>
<https://www.instagram.com/nikkeimuseum/>
<https://twitter.com/nikkeimuse>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKRcTPnSV-jRd6Ob6u4GrqQ>
We respectfully acknowledge that the Nikkei National Museum & Cultural
Centre is on the unceded traditional territories of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh
<https://www.squamish.net/> Nation and the Hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ - speaking
Nations, including the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm <https://www.musqueam.bc.ca/>,
səl̓ilwətaɁɬ <https://twnation.ca/>, and kʷikʷəƛ̓əm
<https://www.kwikwetlem.com/>, whose ancestors have cared for these lands
for countless generations. We are honoured to live, learn and gather
together, on Indigenous land <https://maps.fpcc.ca/>.