[BCMA] Pathways Year 2 - Apply Before July 22

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Jul 5 09:36:56 PDT 2024

Arts BC <https://artsbc.org/>, the BC Museums Association
<https://museum.bc.ca/> (BCMA), the Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre
Alliance <https://www.gvpta.ca/> (GVPTA), and the Rural Arts Inclusion Lab
<https://www.ruralinclusion.ca/> (RAIL) are excited to share that the
Pathways program is entering its second year!

For the past year, 70 organizations and nearly 140 individuals have devoted
hundreds of hours learning, reflecting, and integrating strategies for
making their work and organizations more equitable and accessible in the
Pathways program’s pilot year. Through surveys, interviews, and focus
groups we have worked to reflect on what is working and what can be
improved and we are excited to announce that registration for Pathways Year
2 will open June 25th.

The Pathways program supports organizations as they tackle the challenges
of implementing specific equity practices into their work, regardless of
scale, geographic or historical context. It is an individualized process
that focuses on turning learning into action.

There is a huge spectrum of experiences and unique perspectives that need
to be acknowledged and involved in serving our arts, culture, and heritage
communities. Through the development and piloting of Pathways, we have
attempted to build a program that responds to many levels of experience and
need - one that is capable of supporting both organizations that have spent
little time reflecting on equity and those organizations that have led and
continue to innovate and champion equity and access.

Pathways Year 2 will continue to offer organizations and individuals a full
year of personalized support to help them identify and implement learnings
about equity and access into their work. Based on feedback from the pilot
year, we have streamlined our application process.

Pathways Year 2 will offer two intakes - Applications open June 25th to
start the program in September 2024. Applications for a January 2025 start
will open later this summer. Participants will be supported with
individualized learning pathways, peer networks, one-on-one guidance, and
support to access professional development/learning experience relevant to
your organizations’ equity and access goals.

Pathways is developed by a collaborative community of organizations and our
networks that include Arts BC, BCMA, GVPTA and RAIL. The Pathways project
is a partnership between this community and the BC Arts Council.

*If you are interested in learning more about Pathways Year 2, visit
manypathways.ca <http://www.manypathways.ca>and sign up for our mailing
list. Apply before July 22. <https://manypathways.ca/apply/>*

Sincerely,

Arts BC, BCMA, GVPTA, and RAIL