[BCMA] Sacred Bundle Exhibit Available

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jul 4 14:16:21 PDT 2024

Dear members,

I hope this message finds you well!  I am reaching out on behalf of a talented local artist that has an incredibly significant and educational exhibit available from now until September 2025. This exhibit is sitting in storage waiting to be displayed in a new venue. Maybe it could fill yours for the remainder of your exhibiting year?

The exhibition catalogue is attached; it was premiered at the Pendulum Gallery in July of 2023.  It's 141 handmade miniature cradleboards/baby bundles on 5 large traditionally tanned hides including buffalo, elk, moose, deer, and bear. It tells the history and story of Residential Schools in Canada, the Indigenous joy of reclaiming traditions and the continuation of culture through the youth.   Note, precautions would need to be taken to ensure the items would not be touched.

Please view the attachment for more details and please feel free to contact me for more information.

Maarsii, Thank you,

Allison Dunn (she/her) (curious<https://www.mypronouns.org/> about this?)

Coordinator, Trading Post

Point Ellice House museum and gardens

2616 Pleasant Street

Victoria, B.C. V8T 4V3

PHONE :

[signatureImage]

MÉTIS NATION BRITISH COLUMBIA
380 – 13401 108 Ave, Surrey V3T 5T3
MNBC.CA<https://www.mnbc.ca/>

Team Contacts:

Stuart Dixon – Director, Economic Development – sdixon at mnbc.ca<mailto:sdixon at mnbc.ca>
Tracey McBride – Manager, Tourism Development – tmcbride at mnbc.ca<mailto:tmcbride at mnbc.ca>

Anthony St. John – Strategic Partnerships – astjohn at mnbc.ca<mailto:astjohn at mnbc.ca>
Elizabeth Tichelman – Grants & Capacity Development Manager – etichelman at mnbc.ca<mailto:etichelman at mnbc.ca>
Robynn Keras – Business Directory – rkeras at mnbc.ca<mailto:rkeras at mnbc.ca>

If you or someone you know is in crisis and needs support, please reach out to the 24-hour/7 days a week Métis Crisis line at 1-833-Metis-BC (1-833-638-4722).

Our headquarters’ work takes place on the unceded territories of the Semiahmoo, Katzie, Kwikwetlem, Kwantlen, and Qayqayt First Nations and treaty lands of the Tsawwassen First Nations. My regional offices are located on the unceded territories of the Saik’uz and lheidli T’enneh First Nations. We respectfully acknowledge their stewardship of this land since time immemorial. In addition, MNBC recognizes the 39 Métis Chartered Communities we serve across British Columbia.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is confidential and strictly reserved for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Any copying, disclosure, distribution or use by anyone else without the author’s express authorization is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message and all copies from your system.