[BCMA] Be Prepared for Summer Weather Events

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Jul 5 10:50:42 PDT 2024

Heat warnings have been issued across the province for the next few days
and communities will have to brace themselves for yet another heat wave.

The BCMA would like to use this opportunity to reshare a list of resources
and calls to action that you can use to understand the risks, prepare for
these conditions, and know where to access support in the face of extreme
weather. Please follow this link to the article on our website:
https://museum.bc.ca/be-prepared-for-summer-weather-events/ We hope that
you, your institutions, and your communities will stay safe!

For more learning resources and general emergency response tips and tools,
explore this themed playlist on our website
https://museum.bc.ca/tools-and-resources/emergency-preparedness/, including
the excellent featured content from our friends at the BC Heritage
Emergency Response Network (BC HERN), and this post from the colleagues at
the Western Museums Association
https://westmuse.org/articles/disaster-emergency-resources-museum-professionals
.

For anyone who would like to expand their knowledge on the effects of
climate change and how to contribute effectively to climate action in your
community, we would like to highlight the brand-new, free Climate Insights
Course from the Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions:
https://pics.uvic.ca/resources/courses/ This short, interactive, and
self-paced course consists of four sections providing the foundational
knowledge (including Indigenous Knowledges and lived experiences) and
inspiration necessary to build resilience and respond to climate change.

museum.bc.ca

<http://www.museum.bc.ca/>

Registration for the 2024 BCMA Gathering and our first ever Innovation Lab
focusing on sustainability in the cultural sector is now open. Find out
more on our website
<https://museum.bc.ca/conferences-and-events/conference/>.