[BCMA] Deadline Extended - CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - Association of Canadian Archivists' Annual Conference, 2024

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jan 4 12:04:50 PST 2024

*apologies for cross posting

Colleagues,
Sharing in case of interest

Cheers,
Lara

Lara Wilson (she/her)
Director, Special Collections & University Archivist
University of Victoria Libraries
250-472-4480
https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1900-8689

Deadline Extended to January 19, 2024
ACA 2024 Call for Submissions
Future-Proofing: Centring Care Now for Archives Tomorrow
Virtual/ Alberta
10-13 June 2024

The ACA 2024 Virtual Conference, Future-Proofing: Centring Care Now for Archives Tomorrow (https://archivists.ca/ACA-2024-Virtual-Conference) is  extending the deadline for proposals to Friday, 19 January 2024.
The 2024 ACA Program Team invites proposals that reflect on the theme of Future-Proofing: Centring Care Now for Archives Tomorrow. What strategies and tools can archivists use to prepare for future challenges, known and unknown? What practices can archivists draw upon to support our resilience and that of our materials while we consider the still-developing challenges of Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Climate Crisis and emergency preparedness, and social and political conflict. The Program Team will also consider proposals exploring other areas and encourage practitioners to submit proposals related to current actions to make archives more accessible and/or relevant in the future.
Virtual Conference Date: June 10 to 13, 2024 [Virtual]
2024 Conference proposal submission form  https://archivists.ca/ACA-2024-Submission-form
Questions?
Jessica Bushey, Program Chair
program.team at archivists.ca<mailto:program.team at archivists.ca>