[BCMA] Grant award

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Nov 29 13:38:47 PST 2023

For immediate release:
The Shawnigan Lake Historical Society has just received a much-needed
$500,000 boost, from the BC Destination Fund, to expand tourism amenities
and opportunities at the Shawnigan Lake Museum.

The Society is grateful for this support from the Province of British
Columbia. The Shawnigan Lake Museum has been open for almost 50 years and,
since then, the stories and collections have grown, but not the building.
The Society currently has an expansion underway that will triple the size
of the building. This project will be completed by the summer of 2024. The
funding from the Destination Fund will allow us to develop a new entry
highlighting the First Nations story in Shawnigan, a new and expanded
gallery for local artist E.J. Hughes, a new Kinsol Trestle
Interpretation Centre and other important stories in new exhibits.
Shawnigan Lake is a small community with a big story! This funding will
also increase museum amenities so that we can share our amazing history
with more visitors and bring increased economic benefits to Shawnigan
Village.

Lori Treloar
Executive Director
Shawnigan Lake Historical Society
250-743-8675
https://shawniganlakemuseum.com
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter

Memories make stories—stories make history.