[BCMA] Join Us For Tea and Talk in Burnaby!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue May 30 15:38:20 PDT 2023

Hello Burnaby!

Join us next month for “Tea and Talk On The Road” at Nikkei National Museum!

*Sunday, June 25*

*1:00-3:00 PM*

Location: Nikkei National Museum and Cultural Centre

Free, registration encouraged

Gather together for this informal networking event to chat, seek advice,
and meet other cultural professionals of colour.

This session coincides with the Nikkei Garden Farmer’s Market from 10-2pm!
Come out to enjoy the market, then join us inside for Tea and Talk – where
we’ll provide free tea, coffee, and a few snacks from market vendors. As a
special treat, Nikkei Museum staff will also be giving a tour of their new
pop-up display.

Who is this for? Any professionals and volunteers in the arts, culture, and
heritage sectors who identify as Indigenous, Black, or a Person of Colour.
We welcome any folks who are studying related subjects in school or
considering joining these sectors as well.

Details here:
https://members.museum.bc.ca/public/event/details/61eafb1229abb7a6735b3abc004bee2bc8238f1d/1
.

Please register beforehand to give us a sense of dietary and accessibility
needs.

[image: Burnaby T&T.png]

Jazmin Hundal
Outreach Coordinator
Pronouns <https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>:
She/Her/Hers

Do you identify as Indigenous, Black, or a Person of Colour working in the
cultural sector? Check out our IBPOC Network homepage
<https://museum.bc.ca/membership/mentorship/ibpoc-museum-professionals-network/?cm=1&cy=2023>,
where resources, community support, and upcoming networking sessions can be
found.

www.museum.bc.ca