[BCMA] Don't miss: BC Museums Week: Virtual Advocacy Bootcamp - Registration now open

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri May 12 09:45:02 PDT 2023

*BC Museums Week: Virtual Advocacy Bootcamp*

*May 15th 2023*

11AM - 1PM PST

Virtual Advocacy Bootcamp - Do you want to tell the story of the impact of
your institution and of our sector as a whole but don’t know where to
start? Join the BCMA for a hands-on 2-hour virtual bootcamp where you will
get the opportunity to participate and ask questions about:

   - Letter writing
   - How to connect with MLA/MP/local government
   - How and why to publish op-eds in your local paper
   - Advice for getting started with advocacy
   - Where to find advocacy mentors

Join a supportive peer group and share strategies for successful advocacy,
join breakroom rooms and get personalized support, and learn from BCMA members
who have built productive relationships with all levels of government.

Registration is free! Registration and to see what else we have planned for
BC Museums Week 2023 here
<https://museum.bc.ca/conferences-and-events/bc-museums-week-2023/>!
[image: SessionResource.png]

--

Lorenda Calvert
Program Manager

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>