[BCMA] Digitizing Rossland's Documentary Heritage - Press Release

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu May 11 11:21:21 PDT 2023

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

*ROSSLAND, BC* – *The Rossland Museum & Discovery Centre has been awarded a
federal digitization grant to preserve and make accessible its multimedia
collection.*

In 2022, the Rossland Museum & Discovery Centre (RMDC) completed a
multi-year Digitization Strategy for a collection that spans decades and
includes rare and unique footage of skiing and personal home videos that
contribute to the history and culture of Rossland. The audio collection
includes interviews with residents and community leaders, providing
valuable insights into the history and development of the area.

With a major grant of $45,250 from the Department of Canadian Heritage’s
Digital Access to History grant program and a supporting grant of $2104.60
from the Columbia Basin Trust’s Resident Directed Grants, the RMDC will be
able to digitize a large portion of its vast collection of film and audio
materials, ensuring that future generations have access to these valuable
cultural artifacts.

See attached Press Release for full details.

*Rossland Museum & Discovery Centre*
PO Box 26 - 1100 Hwy 3B
Rossland, BC V0G 1Y0

*250-362-7722 (888-448-7444)*
We acknowledge that we live and work on unceded Sinixt tmxʷúlaʔxʷ
(homeland).
We are open year-round!
Regular Hours: Tuesdays to Saturdays 10 am to 5 pm Find more details on our
website <http://www.rosslandmuseum.ca/>.
Find us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/rosslandmuseum>, Twitter
<https://twitter.com/RosslandMuseum>, and Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/rosslandmuseum/>!