[BCMA] AABC Webinar registration now OPEN! Creating Archival Exhibits (Oct 25, 2022)

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Oct 11 21:45:29 PDT 2022

please excuse cross-postings

Colleagues,

Registration is now open for the AABC webinar "Creating Archival Exhibits".
We invite you to join us and learn about creating effective and engaging
exhibits using treasures from your archival holdings! In this webinar we
will discuss the steps for designing an exhibit, consider the use of
displaying reproductions vs original records, and review best practices for
mounting and providing a secure environment for textual records and
photographs. Participants will also hear from Krisztina Laszlo, Archivist
at UBC Library Rare Books and Special Collections, who will share her
experience preparing the exhibit “Past Purrrrfect: Cats in the Collection
<https://rbsc.library.ubc.ca/2020/01/03/past-purrrrfect/>”.