[BCMA] Richmond Museum launches new, online feature exhibit

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Nov 7 10:03:39 PST 2022

The Richmond Museum is excited to launch the new online feature exhibit, Turning Points<http://www.richmondmuseum.ca/feature-exhibit/>.
This interactive exhibit explores key events that shaped the city of Richmond that we know today. This experience features beautiful archival images and fun facts to tell a variety of stories ranging from the impact of the original city survey to the birth of the Township of Richmond, creation of a fishing industry, arrival of war, town planning, hosting Olympic events to building a sustainable city. Quizzes, pop-up photos and historical snippets ensure the experience is engaging and fun.
"We are very excited to make these stories available to people online for the first time," said Krystal Newcombe, Chair of the Richmond Museum Society. "Through this exhibit and others like it, the Richmond Museum is able to reach beyond the walls of our physical museum and help more people discover our city, its rich history and unique cultural heritage."
In addition to the Turning Points exhibit, the Richmond Museum's new website features a theatre showcasing fascinating short videos about Richmond history, people, and cultural practices; the exhibit "City Through Time" where visitors will discover twenty key dates that capture more than 150 years of Richmond's unique history at the mouth of the Fraser River; several self-guided walking tours for neighbourhoods in Richmond; access to the city's artefact database; and a wealth of information about Richmond Museum programs and events.
The Richmond Museum Society would like to thank the BC Arts Council and the City of Richmond for their support during the development of this website.
Explore Turning Points at http://www.richmondmuseum.ca/feature-exhibit/

About the Richmond Museum
The Richmond Museum is located in City Centre at 7700 Minoru Gate (located in the Richmond Cultural Centre). Operating hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekends. Admission is by donation.

The Richmond Museum Society supports the Richmond Museum, a community museum that collects, documents, researches, preserves, exhibits and interprets objects of historical and cultural significance to the development and history of Richmond. The Museum makes the history of Richmond relevant, engaging and accessible.