[BCMA] Back again! BCMA Book Club Returns Tomorrow!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Nov 7 10:36:37 PST 2022

*BCMA Book Club*
*10:00 am, Tuesday, November *

In the winter session, Book Club participants will read the Canadian Museum
Association's Moved to Action: Activating UNDRIP in Canadian Museums
<https://museums.ca/uploaded/web/TRC_2022/Report-CMA-MovedToAction.pdf>.
This report was released on October 27th as a response to the Truth and
Reconciliation Commission's Call to Action number 67. Moved to Action
reviews the historical context relationships between Indigenous peoples and
museums, and suggests new standards for museums to achieve UNDRIP
compliance. This includes sections covering collections management,
engagement and partnerships, governance and operations.

For this session, please read the 'Introduction' and 'Methodology' sections
of the report.

More information here!  <https://museum.bc.ca/event-list/?eid=80>

[image: BCMA Book Club - BCMW (1).png]

--

Lorenda Calvert
Programs Coordinator

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>