[BCMA] Visitor Services Coordinator Job Posting
Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv
listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Jun 21 16:22:50 PDT 2022
Visitor Services Coordinator
The Gulf of Georgia Cannery, built in 1894 in the historic village of Steveston, is a living monument to the people involved in BC's fishing industry. The National Historic Site is operated by the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society, a non-profit society. Working in partnership with Parks Canada, the Society preserves the history of the BC fishing industry and presents it in an engaging and relevant way and is open to the public year-round and welcomes visitors from across the Lower Mainland and around the world.
Under the supervision of the Visitor Services Manager, this position is responsible for helping to facilitate an exceptional visitor experience with a high standard of customer service.
* Assist with the training, supervising and evaluation of Interpreters on visitor services and public programming.
* Responsible for visitor services scheduling, including the monthly and daily schedules.
* Oversee visitor services volunteers, including recruiting and scheduling, and assisting with their training, supervision and evaluation.
* Assist in the development of interpretive training materials.
* Act as liaison and advocate between interpretive staff and administrative staff.
* Problem solve in emergency situations.
* Coordinate the group program bookings for commercial and special interest groups.
* Deliver public tours and educational programs.
* Perform front desk duties, including greeting visitors, responding to visitor inquiries, and conducting admission and Cannery Store retail transactions.
* Assist in the execution of major event rentals and fundraising initiatives, including on-site supervision during rentals and special events.
* Other duties as required.
* You are passionate about delivering quality customer service.
* You have outstanding relationship building and communication skills.
* You can effectively multi-task and problem solve.
* You have exceptional attention to detail and time management skills.
* You work well within teams as both a leader and a colleague.
* You energize others; you lead by example and celebrate accomplishments.
* You are dedicated to building diversity, inclusivity and fostering reconciliation within our sector.
* You search for opportunities and are willing experiment and take risks.
* You are passionate about education, heritage interpretation, and arts and culture programs.
Skills and Experience:
* Degree in Tourism, Hospitality or a BA in Administration or Museum Studies and 2 years' experience in a front-line service position (or equivalent) is preferred.
* Proficient in MS Office applications and high technological literacy.
* Experience in delivering exceptional customer service in a museum or heritage setting.
* Experience working with volunteers is an asset.
* Experience working in a museum and/or interpretation experience an asset.
* Fluency in English is required; fluency in French is preferred.
Federal security clearance will be required.
Hours: 37.5 hours weekly; flexible schedule is required.
* Salary range is $42,000-$44,000.
* Comprehensive benefits package with RRSP matching contribution.
* Ongoing professional and personal development.
To apply, submit a resume with cover letter to the Visitor Services Manager, Andrea Park at andrea.park at gogcannery.org<mailto:andrea.park at gogcannery.org> by July 18, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
If you are interested in working with us, but see something in this posting that excludes you, please reach out to us. We are committed to decolonizing our practices and creating an inclusive working environment that accommodates all backgrounds and abilities. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, and identification as an Indigenous person.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Listserv