[BCMA] Job Posting at BC Sports Hall of Fame - Museum Interpreter (Marketing Assistant) (Canada Summer Jobs)
Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv
listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Jun 15 13:57:18 PDT 2022
The British Columbia Sports Hall of Fame is seeking a Canada Summer Jobs candidate to fill the Museum Interpreter (Marketing Assistant) position.
Museum Interpreter (Marketing Assistant)
Position: Canada Summer Job Position
Position Type: Full Time / 35 hrs/wk / 280 hrs
Hourly Wage: $16.50
Start Date: July 6th to Sept. 3rd
Deadline: June 22nd at 5:00 pm
The BC Sports Hall of Fame is offering an exciting opportunity to become a member of our team dedicated to serving the organization's mission of Honoring the Past and Inspiring the Future. This Museum Assistant position will include a mix of direct customer service to visitors of the BC Sports Hall of Fame and demand generation marketing.
The BC Sports Hall of Fame preserves and honours BC's sport heritage by recognizing extraordinary achievement in sport by using our collection and stories to inspire all British Columbians to pursue their dreams. Located at Gate A of BC Place, the Hall showcases accomplishments of individual athletes and teams, as well as those who have contributed to the development of sport in the province. bcsportshall.com
The Museum Assistant fulfills a key role within the BC Sports Hall of Fame performing many tasks within the organization.
Key responsibilities include:
* Visitor Reception duties.
* Development of promotional activities and programming.
* Creation of marketing materials and content for our newsletters and social media.
* Visitor liaison (ensure visitors have a positive memorable experience through high level of customer service) while hosting at outreach events.
* Maintain museum in a neat and orderly fashion.
* Assist with Special Events as required.
The Museum Interpreter (Marketing Assistant) is joining a staff team of four and will be involved in many areas of the operations. We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about sports and sport history. The candidate should enjoy working with people and have an interest in inspiring and educating the citizens of the province. By joining our staff team the candidate must show the drive and desire to support our organization and to take it to its highest potential.
* Students under the age of 30 who were registered as full time students in the previous semester and who are currently engaged in or returning to full time studies.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Ability to multi task in fast-paced environment.
* Competent level of IT proficiency (G-Suite, Office 365, Slack).
* Prior marketing experience (digital, experiential, B2B/B2C) is a plus.
* Presentation skills.
* A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development.
* A background in graphic design is an asset.
Training and Skill Development Provided:
* Gain practical experience and training in areas of: education and teaching in a museum setting, program development and promotion.
* Refine and develop public speaking skills.
* Training and experience in developing promotional materials and digital campaigns.
* Work within a supportive and encouraging team environment with an enthusiastic and professional staff.
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Chief Executive Officer, Nicholas Cartmell at nicholas at bcsportshall.com<mailto:leanne at bcsportshall.com>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Listserv