[BCMA] Job Posting at the BC Sports Hall of Fame - Museum Attendant (Casual/Auxiliary)
Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv
listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Jun 15 14:52:35 PDT 2022
The BC Sports Hall of Fame is searching for casual/on-call employees to support us during the Fall and Winter months for special events or for occasions where we may be short on staff for operating hours and days.
Museum Attendant (Casual/Auxiliary)
Hourly Wage: $16.00
The BC Sports Hall of Fame preserves and honors BC's sport heritage by recognizing extraordinary achievement in sport by using our collection and stories to inspire all British Columbians to pursue their dreams. Located at Gate A of BC Place, the Hall showcases accomplishments of individual athletes and teams, as well as those who have contributed to the development of sport in the province. www.bcsportshall.com.
The BC Sports Hall of Fame is offering an exciting opportunity to become a member of our team dedicated to serving the organization's mission of Honoring the Past and Inspiring the Future. The Museum Attendant is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service to the visitors of the BC Sports Hall of Fame and at our community experience events on an on-call/casual basis. We will accept applications until several positions have been filled.
* Assist with closing and opening the museum.
* Visitor reception duties, receiving calls from customers, providing customer service, and handling transactions via our POS system.
* Demonstrating knowledge of the facility, admissions, rates, packages, promotions, attractions, services, artefact donation policies, and merchandise.
* Achieve positive outcomes from visitor requests in a timely and effective manner.
* Maintaining cleanliness of facilities and troubleshooting interactives.
* Hosting outreach events and assisting with special events (preparing, facilitating, serving, etc.).
* Monitoring guest services email account.
* Assisting the Manager of Education & Guest Experience with group tours and programs (preparing, developing, facilitating, etc.).
* Interpreting, explaining, educating, and inspiring visitors to learn more about BC sports history.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to work independently and interdependently in making decisions and solving problems.
* Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with small and large groups of people. As well as demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and courteously with visitors when providing assistance and information.
* Can demonstrate ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
* Must have competent level of IT proficiency and possess knowledge and skills in using Microsoft products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Office).
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure, and deal with stressful situations professionally.
* Must be able to lift 15 lbs or more.
* Eager to learn more about and develop interpretive techniques, museum principles, and BC sports history. As well as develop and learn new skills for personal and professional development.
* Second language fluency is an asset.
* Serving It Right Certificate is an asset.
* Teaching, or tour guide experience is an asset.
* Standard First Aid / CRP-C Certificate is an asset.
* Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check.
* Completion of Grade 12, or equivalent, supplemented by related work experience in customer service, education, museums, heritage sites, or other cultural institutions. An equivalent combination of both educational background and past work experiences will be considered.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to the Manager, Museum Education & Guest Services, Leanne Jung, at leanne at bcsportshall.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Listserv