[BCMA] Call for Artists - Celebrate BCMA Award Recipients

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Jun 7 11:17:12 PDT 2022

The BC Museums Association (BCMA) is seeking a BC-based artist to create a
new work to celebrate those recognized by our Annual Awards
<https://museum.bc.ca/conferences-and-events/bcma-awards/>.

*About the Work to be Created: *

The BCMA will be utilizing the imagery for the next three award cycles
(2022, 2023, 2024) as a gift to the award recipients to mark their
achievement within the sector.  Work should feel representative of the
transformative era being experienced in the arts, culture, and heritage
sector and the forward momentum towards more inclusive and equitable
museums.

We welcome proposals from artists who work in all types of medium and
material, but please be aware that the BCMA will take reproduction cost
into consideration when reviewing submissions.

*Compensation: *$4,000

*About the Scope:*

The BCMA provides awards to up to six recipients each year, the work will
be given to approximately 35 recipients over the next three years. We will
also be promoting the newly created work on social media channels prior to
the awards ceremony taking place in October of each year to increase
exposure for the artist to our 2,500+ followers on social media, 800+
subscribers to our newsletter, and 450+ members from across the province.

Recognition of the artist will be included in all press releases, member
communications, and winner features as they are published on our website.

*How to Submit:*

We are seeking proposals by June 12, 2022 at midnight and will require
completed works from the contracted artist by August 28, 2022 at midnight.
Please include your full name and preferred contact details within the
email.

Please send your proposal and a portfolio of your existing work to
bcma at museum.bc.ca.