[BCMA] Province-wide restrictions - K to 12 Program Participants

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Feb 17 12:56:29 PST 2022

Hello all,

Attached is a letter we received from Vancouver Coastal Health regarding
K-12 Program Participants and Field Trips.

The letter indicates that "all K-12 program participants including staff,
students, volunteers, and invited guests are exempt from showing proof of
vaccination while participating in gatherings or events organized by K-12
schools. This exemption applies to gatherings and events held on and off
school property, and before or after school. Examples of gatherings and
events that are exempt from proof of vaccination requirements include
routine classes, performances, athletic events, graduation ceremonies, and
events and field studies/field trips that are organized by schools for K-12
students."

We have confirmed from the Office of the Provincial Health Officer that
organizations *can still* request proof of vaccination from K-12 program
participants including staff, students, volunteers, and invited guests if
that is the organization's policy.

You can find more Covid-19 information and resources in our Covid-19
Playlist here!  <https://museum.bc.ca/tag/covid-19/>

Cheers,
Lorenda

--

Lorenda Calvert
Programs Coordinator

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>

*Roundup submissions are now open online! We now offer compensation to
contributors and are looking for articles about how you and your
institution are maintaining momentum! Find more details on our **website
<https://museum.bc.ca/roundup-magazine-submissions/>**.*