[BCMA] Artists Give Back - Dancing on the Wall

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Dec 1 09:33:56 PST 2022

opening 7pm Dec 2 | for sale in gallery Dec 2-15 | online sales 8pm Dec 2 – Dec 15

 <https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/dancing-on-the-wall-tickets-457395752007> rsvp for opening
 <https://www.craftcouncilbc.shop/collections/dancing-on-the-wall> view collection

Craft Council of BC Gallery

1386 Cartwright Street, Granville Island, Vancouver

Following the sold out success of ‘100+ Musings’ that raised over $6,000 for the CCBC, Barbara Cohen and Jenny Judge have decided to team up for another fundraising exhibition titled ‘Dancing on the Wall’ at the CCBC on December 2, 2022.

Departing from the more neutral palate of the Musings, Cohen’s colourful compositions crafted from fiber, found materials and paint will be shown alongside Judge’s wall pieces of cast-plaster sewing paraphernalia; together they will create a lively and lighthearted engagement on the gallery walls.  In addition, some of the pieces will be a collaboration between the two artists and Judge will include her very popular four-inch cast buttons that will be sold individually.

Both well established artists feel strongly about ‘giving back’ and contributing to the gallery’s mandate to support and encourage artistic exploration.  All work will be donated and priced well below their market value with a wide range of prices.  Since each composition will be made up of several pieces, a template, push pins and picture will accompany each work sold so that they can easily be re-hung.

While Cohen and Judge use different materials, they share a sensibility and artistic integrity that will make ‘Dancing on the Wall’ an exhibition not to be missed.

For more information or to interview the artists - 604.687.6511

raine mckay

she|her|hers

executive director

craft council of bc

 <http://www.craftcouncilbc.ca/> craftcouncilbc.ca

1386 cartwright street

vancouver, bc   v6h 3r8

charitable # 10699 0955 rr0001

office: 604.687.6511

cell: 604.992.1855

I acknowledge and am grateful to the
 xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations
for allowing me to work and live on their unceded homelands.

         <https://www.instagram.com/craftcouncilbc/>        <https://twitter.com/CraftCouncilBC>

The content of this email, including any attachments, is confidential and intended for the recipient(s) specified in message only and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.