[BCMA] Request to share info on upcoming RiverFest event with the Fraser River Discovery Centre

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Sep 3 14:25:22 PDT 2021

Good afternoon BCMA!

Fraser River Discovery Centre, located on the New Westminster boardwalk, is very excited to announce the return of RiverFest for its 19th year! Presented by the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority, RiverFest is a FREE family-friendly festival coinciding with BC and World Rivers Day. This year, RiverFest will take place between September 21st to 28th, and features a variety of in-person and on-line activities hosted by the Discovery Centre. It's a great way to welcome the arrival of fall along the beautiful Fraser River!

>From outdoor activities in Lower Hume Park to the always-popular exhibitor expo & the return of the Lucille Johnstone Workboat Parade, RiverFest 2021 is sure to be an engaging and enjoyable experience for all ages!

COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place for all in-person activities, and the Discovery Centre will adhere to all PHO mandates to ensure the safety of all participants, staff, and volunteers.
Visit our website to see what we've got in store for the week of Sept 21-28: https://fraserriverdiscovery.org/riverfest/

If appropriate, we would deeply appreciate it if you could share this event with your mailing lists and community, wherever applicable.

Thanks very much!

Michael Goodchild
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7A0CC.3862CA90]
Michael Goodchild| Museum Coordinator | He/his
t: 604-521-8401 ext. 105 | m: 403-585-7938
e: mgoodchild at fraserriverdiscovery.org<mailto:mgoodchild at fraserriverdiscovery.org>
fraserriverdiscovery.org | a: 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC V3M 6Z6
Donate Today to help the Fraser River!<https://www.fraserriverdiscovery.org/GivingCircle>
Want to know what`s happening at the FRDC? Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter<https://www.fraserriverdiscovery.org/newsletter>.
[cid:image002.png at 01D7A0CC.3862CA90]<https://www.facebook.com/thefrdc>[cid:image003.png at 01D7A0CC.3862CA90]<https://twitter.com/thefrdc>[cid:image004.png at 01D7A0CC.3862CA90]<https://www.instagram.com/thefrdc/>
[cid:image005.png at 01D7A0CC.3862CA90]Please consider the environment before printing.

The Fraser River Discovery Centre is located on the traditional territory of the Coast Salish Peoples. Territory acknowledgement is one small part of Reconciliation. Please take a moment to think of other ways you can participate in Reconciliation with Indigenous communities.