[BCMA] Request to share information about upcoming holiday activities at the Fraser River Discovery Centre

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Nov 25 16:31:42 PST 2021

The Fraser River Discovery Centre, located in Downtown New Westminster, invites the wider community to celebrate the holiday season with us in ‘Winter Discovery Days’, taking place throughout December 18th – January 3rd.

Throughout December 18 – January 3, visit the FRDC for festive, family-friendly fun, learn what we can do to look after riverside ecosystems, and craft seasonal gifts to spread some cheer. Step out of the cold and into the warmth of discovery and fun this holiday season!

COVID-19 safety protocols are in-place, and pre-registration is recommended. Visit our website to learn more: https://fraserriverdiscovery.org/winterdiscovery/
The registration form can be accessed directly here: https://form.jotform.com/203315191812245

WHEN: Select dates through December 18th – January 3rd, 10:00am – 4:00pm. Visitors may select a timeslot from a list of available options.
WHERE: Fraser River Discovery Centre – 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC
WHAT:

  *   Dec 18th & Jan 3rd: Discover the science behind snowflakes – how they form, the surprising diversity of snowflakes, and make 3D models of different types of snowflakes!
  *   Dec 20th & 27th: Recycle plastic materials to create festive holiday decorations and learn what we can do to reduce our plastic use.
  *   Dec 22nd & 29th: Learn about hibernating animals along the Fraser with games, activities, and a scavenger hunt.
  *   Dec 24th & 31st: Create festive gifts such as personalized holiday cards and snow globes.
WHO: These activities are aimed at families with children.
COST: $3-$15 (our registration form contains more information on the price breakdown.)

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7E1FA.86501DB0]
Michael Goodchild| Museum Coordinator | He/his
t: 604-521-8401 ext. 105 | m: 403-585-7938
e: mgoodchild at fraserriverdiscovery.org<mailto:mgoodchild at fraserriverdiscovery.org>
fraserriverdiscovery.org | a: 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC V3M 6Z6
Donate Today to help the Fraser River!<https://www.fraserriverdiscovery.org/GivingCircle>
Want to know what`s happening at the FRDC? Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter<https://www.fraserriverdiscovery.org/newsletter>.
[cid:image002.png at 01D7E1FA.86501DB0]<https://www.facebook.com/thefrdc>[cid:image003.png at 01D7E1FA.86501DB0]<https://twitter.com/thefrdc>[cid:image004.png at 01D7E1FA.86501DB0]<https://www.instagram.com/thefrdc/>
[cid:image005.png at 01D7E1FA.86501DB0]Please consider the environment before printing.

I’d like to acknowledge that The Fraser River Discovery Centre is located on the traditional territory of the hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ and Halq̓eméylem speaking peoples. Territory acknowledgement is one small part of Reconciliation. Please take a moment to think of other ways you can participate in Reconciliation with Indigenous communities.