[BCMA] Call for Pilot Participants: Digital Accessibility for Museums, Galleries, and Cultural Organizations

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Nov 25 13:53:37 PST 2021

At the BCMA we’re always looking for ways to better serve you in your
practice and educational development. There’s been strong interest in
resources exploring digital/online accessibility and guidance for making
your online content more accessible to wider audiences.

The BCMA is launching “Digital Accessibility for Museums, Galleries, and
Cultural Organizations” as the first of many new on-demand online courses
and we are looking for participants for a special pilot group in December.

Participation in the pilot is free and will take roughly 5-10 hours of your
time.

The course will cover topics such as making social media posts accessible,
how to caption your videos, and even touch on design best practices. If
you’d be interested in pre-registration for this “go-at-your-own-pace”
course contact the BCMA to be added to our first pilot cohort.

If you are interested, please email bcma at museum.bc.ca by December 3, 2021
and answer the following two questions:

1) Would you be interested in attending live support sessions? (aka “Office
Hours") These hands-on online sessions would be for Q&A, reviewing the
material, and allow you to give feedback on the course modules as you work
through them.

2) If you answered yes to wanting to attend live Q&A sessions, what is best
for your availability?

Time: [mornings, afternoons, evenings]

Day of the Week: [Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday,
Sunday]

Stay tuned for more news on the launch of this and future online courses.
And special thanks to Laneen Wells from Sublation Studio
<https://sbltn.com/about> for designing and developing this course.