[BCMA] Fwd: Registration open for AABC webinar - Digitization & Small Archives (Dec 7, 2021)

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Sun Nov 28 19:00:53 PST 2021

Colleagues and friends,

Please join us for our next webinar *Digitization and Small Archives: Case
Studies and Best Practices*.

Do the words “digitization and archives” in the same sentence scare you?
Join us for this webinar where we will review best practices when
undertaking a digitization project.  Hear from speakers Kat Louro (Carrier
Sekani Tribal Council Archives) and Mandy Kilsby and Tom Dombowsky (Barkerville
Historic Town & Park) who will present digitization case studies with
highlights of their challenges and successes and learn from the unexpected
stumbling blocks they experienced. Kayla Larson will join us to talk about
the Indigitization project <https://www.indigitization.ca/> and the range
of digitization resources that are available along with community protocols
and access points that should be considered when working with and
digitizing Indigenous records.