[BCMA] Vernon Public Art Gallery is HIRING

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon May 27 11:55:57 PDT 2024

Hello all!

The VPAG is HIRING a CURATOR!

Looking for an opportunity to be a lead curator at a world-class art gallery? You’ve come to the right place.
The Vernon Public Art Gallery is hiring for a new lead Curator, starting September 2024. This exciting role provides the opportunity to work at the oldest and largest art gallery in the North Okanagan. We’re looking for leaders in the field to usher the VPAG into a new era. As we transition to our new facility at the Greater Vernon Cultural Centre, your leadership will be key for curating our presence in the new space.
Job Title: Curator
Start date of employment: September 1st 2024
Salary: This is a full-time position, 35 hrs/week, with a pay range of $55,000 – $65,000
Job closing date of June 7 or until a suitable candidate is found.
About the VPAG
VPAG is a not-for-profit, charitable organization committed to fostering an appreciation of the visual arts for all members of the community. VPAG has been operating for 60+ years and is the oldest art gallery in the Interior region of British Columbia, with a rich history as a pillar in the local artist community. As a significant component of cultural tourism in the region, VPAG is the centre for educational and cultural activities in the Okanagan, and operates as the largest public gallery in the North Okanagan.
As part of our mission to connect our community to the possibilities within visual arts, VPAG delivers a range of programming and events for the community. We host a number of signature events each year, including our flagship fundraising event Midsummer’s Eve of the Arts, in addition to Riot on the Roof and Art After Dark.
Our present location on the ground level of the Vernon parkade consists of over 6000 square feet with four exhibition spots, plus a fully-stocked gift shop featuring local artisans and artists. With four exhibition spaces, the VPAG showcases a variety of high quality, educational artwork featuring emerging, mid-career and established artists working in a variety of media, including paintings, sculpture, video and installation art. Each exhibition contributes to the vibrant cultural dialogue within our community, from contemporary masterpieces to historical treasures. In addition, VPAG has a permanent collection of over 500 pieces.
As we look to the future, the VPAG will be moving to a new space at the Greater Vernon Cultural Centre once construction is completed.

Please find more information and the full job description on our website:

https://vernonpublicartgallery.com/support-vpag/employment
[https://vernonpublicartgallery.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/job-opportunity.png]<https://vernonpublicartgallery.com/support-vpag/employment>
Employment - Vernon Public Art Gallery<https://vernonpublicartgallery.com/support-vpag/employment>
Join our vibrant team at the Vernon Public Art Gallery and dive into a world of creativity, innovation, and learning! As a summer student, you'll have the chance to explore various facets of our dynamic non-profit organization, gaining invaluable skills and experiences along the way.
vernonpublicartgallery.com

Thank you,

Megan Byers
Marketing and Events Coordinator
[cid:0d14598c-4439-4cb3-97b4-b276573d1600]