[BCMA] Deaccessioned items available for transfer

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu May 23 11:57:01 PDT 2024

Good morning BCMA colleagues,

The Sidney Museum and Archives has recently deaccessioned a number of
objects from our collections which are available for transfer. I have
attached the link to the full list in this message.

If any of these items interest you, please email me at
director at sidneymuseum.ca. I would be happy to provide additional
information if it is available, but please bear in mind that all costs
associated with transferring the item will fall to the recipient.

These items will be available for transfer until Friday, May 31
 SMA 2024_05-18 Transfer List.pdf
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I-g1f_BCmQHIdg7Yxyth6iu2I5Ui-YTx/view?usp=drive_web>

Thank you!

Michael Goodchild
--
Michael Goodchild, BA, MMST.
Executive Director,

*Address*: 2423 Beacon Ave L-3, Sidney, BC V8L 1X5
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sidney+Museum/@48.6487465,-123.3993606,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xb4d51ead688151b7?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjdsI_Wmav4AhUtD0QIHRhkAVYQ_BJ6BAhCEAU>
*Tel*: 250-655-6355
*Mobile*: 1-403-585-7938
*Email*: director at sidneymuseum.ca
*Web*: https://sidneymuseum.ca/

*We respectfully acknowledge the Sidney Museum & Archives has been shaped
by the colonial history of Canada, and is located in Sidney/SET,TINES on
the traditional territory of the W̱SÁNEĆ People, including the **BOḰEĆEN
(Pauquachin), SȾÁ,UTW̱ (Tsawout), MÁLEXEŁ (Malahat), W̱JOȽEȽP (Tsartlip)
and W̱SÍḴEM (Tseycum) Firs*t Nations.
* We understand that territory acknowledgment is just one part of
Reconciliation, and the museum continues to work towards other ways that we
can participate in Reconciliation alongside Indigenous communities.*