[BCMA] Today! BCMA Book Club: UNDRIP, DRIPA and more!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue May 21 09:39:10 PDT 2024

*Join the BCMA for a read-along of the useful resources!*

In the Spring/Summer 2024 Session, Book Club will be reading three reports;
the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
<https://www.un.org/development/desa/indigenouspeoples/wp-content/uploads/sites/19/2018/11/UNDRIP_E_web.pdf>
(2007),
The Government of Canada’s United Nations Declaration on the Rights of
Indigenous Peoples Act Action Plan
<https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/declaration/ap-pa/ah/pdf/unda-action-plan-digital-eng.pdf>
(2023),
and the Government of B.C’s Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
Act Action Plan
<https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/government/ministries-organizations/ministries/indigenous-relations-reconciliation/declaration_act_action_plan.pdf>
(2022)
through eight sessions. For the ninth meeting, attendees are encouraged to
read and share any action plans from their regional districts or
municipalities to continue the learning down to a regional lens.

Details here!  <https://museum.bc.ca/bcma-book-club/>

Hope to see you there!

[image: BCMA Book Club UNDRIP.png]

--

Lorenda Calvert
Program Manager

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>