[BCMA] Emerging Museum Professionals Canada Collective is Recruiting!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri May 3 13:28:18 PDT 2024

Hello,

My name is Madeline Smolarz (she/her/elle) and I'm emailing you on behalf
of the Emerging Museum Professionals Canada Collective (EMPCC). I hope you
are having a positive beginning to the month of May, which has been
declared "Museum Month" in Ontario!

Founded in 2021, *EMPCC is a volunteer organization by EMPs, for EMPs*, who
organize professional development, events, resources, and tools for the
national community. We have advocated to the federal government for a new
National Museum Policy
<https://emppemcanada.wordpress.com/2023/06/22/letter-to-canadian-heritage-regarding-the-national-museum-policy/>,
held free digital professional development events like how to create a
professional portfolio
<https://emppemcanada.wordpress.com/2023/02/24/free-museum-portfolio-webinar-for-emps-on-march-9-2023/>,
presented at Canadian Museums Association Conferences
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmjfkBg-Au4>, built up a robust social
community online <https://www.facebook.com/groups/empcanada>, and more.

We are *currently recruiting new volunteer members *with a focus for
representation outside of Ontario, which is where most of our membership is
located at this time, because we appreciate the benefits of wider
geographic representation. We are also seeking greater student
representation because students offer unique, cutting-edge perspectives on
the arts, culture, heritage, and museum field. I would like to ask if you
could *please circulate our recruitment announcement to your networks* to
help us expand our reach!

The bilingual recruitment announcement can be found here:
https://emppemcanada.wordpress.com/2024/05/01/emp-canada-collective-recruitment-2024/

Thank you very much for your consideration and support.

With gratitude,
Madeline Smolarz

*(she/her/elle) Founder & Co-Administrator / Fondatrice &
Co-Administratrice*
*Emerging Museum Professionals Canada Collective /*
*Le collectif des professionnels émergents des musées Canada*
https://emppemcanada.wordpress.com/
*https://www.facebook.com/groups/empscanada
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/empscanada>*
https://www.instagram.com/empcanada/