[BCMA] "Where Is Our Museum?" Event In Surrey

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Mar 25 12:56:25 PDT 2024

Hi all,

As some folks may know, there's been talk around the creation of a South
Asian Canadian Museum in BC, which was a promise from the last provincial
election.

A grassroots group called the Museum Liberation Force is hosting an event
in Surrey on April 2 to gather community feedback about the museum:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/where-is-our-museum-tickets-864094970317.

The idea behind this event is to encourage and record community input about
what the museum should look like, what community needs it could serve, and
what stories folks would like to see represented.

If you consider yourself to be under the umbrella "South Asian" (and this
name will also be a topic of discussion as well), I encourage you to go,
enjoy some free dinner, and speak your thoughts! You can find more details
at the link above.

All the best,
Jazmin

Jazmin Hundal
Outreach Coordinator
Pronouns <https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>:
She/Her/Hers

Do you identify as Indigenous, Black, or a Person of Colour working in the
cultural sector? Check out our IBPOC Network homepage
<https://museum.bc.ca/membership/mentorship/ibpoc-museum-professionals-network/?cm=1&cy=2023>,
where resources, community support, and upcoming networking sessions can be
found.

www.museum.bc.ca