[BCMA] Job Posting: Special Projects Coordinator

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Mar 22 12:33:36 PDT 2024

Hello all,

The BCMA is hiring!

We are searching for a driven and socially-conscious individual to join our
team as Special Projects Coordinator.

Reporting to the Executive Director and collaborating closely with the
IBPOC Network Coordinator, the Special Projects Coordinator will support
key projects including the Indigenous, Black, and People of Colour (IBPOC)
Cultural Professionals’ Network, emerging mentorship initiatives, as well
as research, and coordination of a new microgrant program.

We are looking for a candidate that brings a passion for BC’s cultural
sector, enjoys making new connections, and has an interest in innovative
sectoral practice and systems change.

Due to the funding for this position, applicants must meet the following
criteria:

- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee
protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Act

- Self-identify as an IBPOC (Indigenous, Black, Person of Colour) graduate,
professional or volunteer in a relevant field of practice or study

- Be between the age of 16 and 30 inclusive at the start of employment (ie
have not turned 31 yet)

- Be legally entitled to work in Canada

- Be a college or university graduate and

- Not receiving EI benefits while employed with this program

Work Week: Monday – Friday (35 hours per week).$24 – 27 hr, plus statutory
benefits (as a certified Living Wage Employer, exact compensation will be
calculated to offer the successful candidate a living wage for their
community).

This position begins on April 15, 2024 and continues until March 31, 2025.
For more information, please read the full job description on our website,
here: https://museum.bc.ca/now-hiring-special-projects-coordinator/.

Kindly,
Jazmin

Jazmin Hundal
Outreach Coordinator
Pronouns <https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>:
She/Her/Hers

Do you identify as Indigenous, Black, or a Person of Colour working in the
cultural sector? Check out our IBPOC Network homepage
<https://museum.bc.ca/membership/mentorship/ibpoc-museum-professionals-network/?cm=1&cy=2023>,
where resources, community support, and upcoming networking sessions can be
found.

www.museum.bc.ca