[BCMA] Fwd: Beyond Extraction launches all-ages colouring book

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Mar 7 09:59:39 PST 2024

Dear colleagues,

Beyond Extraction <https://www.beyondextraction.ca/> is excited to announce
the launch of our latest project, *What It Takes: an all-ages colouring
book about extraction.*

*What It Takes <https://www.beyondextraction.ca/what-it-takes>* is an
educational resource designed for children and adults alike, which offers
thematic illustrations and activities to encourage creative and critical
literacy about resource extraction. Launching in time to coincide with the
first day of PDAC—the world’s largest mining convention—in Toronto, this
colouring book was developed to counter the mining industry’s insidious
influence on elementary, secondary, and postsecondary education in Canada.

We began this project over a year ago and are very grateful for the
feedback of a small group of parents and educators who helped us revise the
project over the last two months.

*You can find digital and ready-to-print versions of the colouring book on
our website at beyondextraction/what-it-takes
<https://www.beyondextraction.ca/what-it-takes>*, along with more
information about the project. We look forward to seeing your creations on
Instagram @beyond_extraction <https://www.instagram.com/beyond_extraction>.
Please share the link to the colouring book widely - we’d love to get as
many people colouring as possible!