[BCMA] Finding Volunteers Post Covid

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Jun 5 16:06:57 PDT 2024

Hello everyone,

Post Covid has proven to be a bit of a struggle for our museum here in
Williams Lake. Prior to the pandemic, we had a small, albeit, dedicated
group of volunteers who were committed to various smaller tasks to take on,
while staff focused on larger projects. Since that time, those volunteers
have all but vanished and from the sounds of it, no real desire to return.
We have tried posters at activity centers, social media and even reaching
out to some of our members.

If you are also a museum who has experienced this dramatic drop in
volunteers due to Covid, what have you been doing to try and generate
interest back from the public for volunteers to re-enter your organization?
Is it working?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Casey Bennett
*Project Coordinator*

*Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin*
*1660B Broadway Ave S. Williams Lake, BC*
*V2G 4W4, **250.39*
*2.7404*
*www.cowboy-museum.com* <http://www.cowboy-museum.com/>

*Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin is grateful to be located on the territory
of the T'exelcemc (Williams Lake First Nation) of the Secwépemc
Nation. **Serving
on the traditional territory of the Secwépemc, Tŝilhqot'in, and Dakelh
Nations.*