[BCMA] Call for promotional materials for NNMCC Matsuri 2024

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jul 11 11:39:37 PDT 2024

Hello all,

We're from the Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre in Burnaby, BC,
which seeks to honour, preserve, and share the history and heritage of
Japanese Canadians and Japanese culture in Canada. Our annual Matsuri
festival celebrating Japanese culture will be taking place from August 31
to September 1, 2024: https://nikkeimatsuri.nikkeiplace.org/. This event
sees thousands of visitors enter our doors and is a great promotional
opportunity to connect people with related organizations and resources.

If your institution has museum or archival collections related to Japanese
Canadians, we would welcome any physical promotional materials that we can
share with our visitors to highlight your organization. Please mail them to
the address below:

Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre
6688 Southoaks Crescent
Burnaby, BC V5E 4M7

If you have any questions, please email us at archives at nikkeiplace.org.

Thanks very much,
Sam Frederick

--
Sam Frederick (she/her)
Processing & Outreach Archivist

We respectfully acknowledge that the Nikkei National Museum & Cultural
Centre is on the unceded traditional territories of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh
<https://www.squamish.net/> Nation and the Hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ - speaking
Nations, including the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm <https://www.musqueam.bc.ca/>,
səl̓ilwətaɁɬ <https://twnation.ca/>, and kʷikʷəƛ̓əm
<https://www.kwikwetlem.com/>, whose ancestors have cared for these lands
for countless generations. We are honoured to live, learn and gather
together, on Indigenous land <https://maps.fpcc.ca/>.