[BCMA] Job Posting: Operations Manager (full time)

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jan 4 11:50:02 PST 2024

The Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre is seeking an Operations
Manager.

WHO WE ARE:

Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre’s (NNMCC) mission is to honour,
preserve, and share the history and heritage of Japanese Canadians and
Japanese culture in Canada. Located in Burnaby, BC, the NNMCC is a museum
and gathering place that bridges Japanese and Canadian arts, culture, and
history, fostering pride in our heritage and a strong multicultural Canada.
We do so through exhibitions, events, and programming, and by preserving
and maintaining our Japanese Canadian archives, collection, and library for
research, education, and interpretation.

POSITION SUMMARY:

The NNMCC is seeking a talented individual to join our team as the
Operations Manager, reporting to the Executive Director. The ideal
candidate utilizes excellent teamwork, organizational and communication
skills to implement best practices for operating a non-profit organization.
The position requires use of good judgement, and problem solving. The
Operations Manager is responsible for the successful management of
administration, venue rental sales, and the building condition, usage, and
facility maintenance, and attain fiscal targets by managing operational and
project budgets. The Operations Manager works closely with the
Director/Curator, Community Engagement Coordinator and Communications
Coordinator, to provide leadership and direction for activities that
fulfill the operational functions of the NNMCC.

Terms: Permanent, Full-Time
Hours: 35 hours per week. Tuesday to Saturday (with expectation to adjust
schedule to include occasional evenings, Sundays and Mondays, as needed)
Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000 annually, compensation commensurate with
experience. NNMCC Benefits included.
Start Date: Earliest starting date of January 15, 2024.

Visit our website for more details:
https://centre.nikkeiplace.org/about-us/employment/

Nichola Ogiwara 荻原にこら

Communications Coordinator
Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre

日系文化センター・博物館
6688 Southoaks Crescent, Burnaby BC  V5E 4M7
*T* 604.777.7000 ext.109

<https://centre.nikkeiplace.org/>    <https://www.facebook.com/NNMCC>
<https://www.instagram.com/nikkeimuseum/>
<https://twitter.com/nikkeimuse>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKRcTPnSV-jRd6Ob6u4GrqQ>
We respectfully acknowledge that the Nikkei National Museum & Cultural
Centre is on the unceded traditional territories of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh
<https://www.squamish.net/> Nation and the Hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ - speaking
Nations, including the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm <https://www.musqueam.bc.ca/>,
səl̓ilwətaɁɬ <https://twnation.ca/>, and kʷikʷəƛ̓əm
<https://www.kwikwetlem.com/>, whose ancestors have cared for these lands
for countless generations. We are honoured to live, learn and gather
together, on Indigenous land <https://maps.fpcc.ca/>.