[BCMA] Budget 2024 Announced

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Feb 22 14:23:11 PST 2024

Hello everyone,

The Province of BC announced Budget 2024 today. The BCMA is working on an
overview and response for our members and hopes to share that document
tomorrow.

Until then here are some relevant links for the museum and cultural sector:

   - Budget 2024 Strategic Plan:
   https://www.bcbudget.gov.bc.ca/2024/downloads.htm#gotoAllMaterials
   - Backgrounder and Economic Outlook:
   https://www.bcbudget.gov.bc.ca/2024/pdf/2024_Backgrounder_5_Fiscal-Plan.pdf
   - Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture, and Sport Service Plan:
   https://www.bcbudget.gov.bc.ca/2024/sp/pdf/ministry/tacs.pdf
   - First Peoples' Cultural Council Service Plan:
   https://www.bcbudget.gov.bc.ca/2024/sp/pdf/agency/fpcc.pdf
   - Royal BC Museum Service Plan:
   https://www.bcbudget.gov.bc.ca/2024/sp/pdf/agency/rbcm.pdf

My initial impression is that this is overall a status quo budget, but
there are some bright spots for our sector, especially when it comes to
proposed actions to support repatriation.

I look forward to sharing more in-depth analysis with BCMA members soon.

All the best,

Ryan

*Ryan Hunt*
Executive Director
Pronouns: He/him To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>
-

Direct: 250-884-0499 || Office: 250-356-5700  || www.museum.bc.ca