[BCMA] Outreach kits

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Feb 15 11:41:39 PST 2024

Hi Elizabeth,

We offer classroom kits to local schools through our Museum that
the teachers can borrow or have a volunteer act as a guest presenter. (You
can see our kits on our website
<https://www.summerlandmuseum.org/school-toolkits> if you're curious.) *We
don't charge a rental fee* for the kits nor if we send a volunteer to
present the activity, as we don't want the fee to be a barrier or deterrent
for people accessing these educational resources. However we do sometimes
receive donations from the schools which certainly help support our work.

Good luck on launching your program,
Petra

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 10:56 AM Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv <
listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> We are in the final stages of creating a series of outreach exhibit kits
> that will go to classrooms with an employee or volunteer to facilitate
> hands on learning. I am curious if other museums have similar programs and
> what, if anything, you charge for this experience. Thank you for your
> assistance!
>

> Elizabeth Shaw (she/her)
>
> Programs Manager
>
> Sooke Region Museum
>
> 250-642-6351
>

> *The Sooke Region Museum operates in the territories of the T’Sou-ke,
> Scia’new, and Pacheedaht peoples, who have inhabited this land since time
> immemorial.*

Petra Höller
Curator
Summerland Museum and Archives
(250) 494-9395
*curator@*summerlandmuseum.org <archives at summerlandmuseum.org>
The Summerland Museum and Archives respectfully acknowledges
that we are situated on the unceded and ancestral territory of the Syilx
Peoples.