[BCMA] job posting QBMuseum

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Apr 19 12:14:44 PDT 2024

Now hiring:

Museum Assistant

Full time, seasonal

Wage: $22.00/hr

Hours per week: 35

Start date: May 14, 2024

In this job you will gain experience in many and varied operations of a community museum including both front line and ‘behind the scenes’ work. Duties include but not limited to: preparing and cataloging historical photos, documents and objects; conducting local history research; leading tours and activities for visitors of all ages; creating museum exhibits; assisting museum staff and volunteers; planning and publicizing special events. Position can also include cleaning, yard work and painting.

Education required:

One year of post-secondary or equivalent training

Experience & skills:

• preferable to have completed at least one year in related post-secondary studies such as History, First Nations Studies, Museum Studies, Art History, Education, Archaeology, Anthropology, Paleontology, Recreation/Tourism Studies
• have an interest in museums and history
• experience with social media
• can use computer applications such as databases and graphic design
• comfortable working with the public

• organized
• strong research, communication, interpersonal, oral, and written skills

Incentives / perks:

· fun, relaxed environment

· beautiful setting

· interesting and educational

· great for career resume

Additional Info:

· Position is funding dependent

· Accommodation not included

· Must be between the ages of 15-30

· Must be legally entitled to work in Canada

We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those from underrepresented groups, such as Indigenous peoples, women, people of colour, and LGBTQQIP2SA. QBM is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you require any accommodation, please let us know.

How to apply:

Please email your resume and a cover letter describing your interest and suitability for this position to

Lorraine Bell, Museum Director

qbmuseumadmin at shaw.ca

Deadline for application: April 30, 2024

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

--
Lorraine Bell

Museum Director,
Qualicum Beach Museum & Archives
587 Beach Rd Qualicum Beach BC V9K 1K7
250-752-5533
www.qbmuseum.ca

BSC(Geog), MA(Geog), PhD(Adult Education)
'Small Museums on Vancouver Island as Agents of Social Change'

she/her

We respectfully acknowledge that the land on which we gather is the unceded traditional lands of the
Coast Salish Peoples, specifically the Qualicum First Nations whose historical
relationship with the land continues to this day.