[BCMA] BC Arts Council Scholarship - Apply today!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Apr 9 15:47:31 PDT 2024

Please help us spread the word to B.C. students who will be pursuing full-time post-secondary arts training in Summer 2024, Fall 2024 or Spring 2025.

The BC Arts Council Scholarship Program supports education and training of B.C.’s future generation of artists, arts administrators, and arts and cultural practitioners. B.C. residents enrolled in full-time post-secondary art programs or high school half-day pre-professional dance programs are welcome to apply. Students should be committed to developing their independent artistic and creative practice towards a career in the arts and culture sector.

Scholarship payments of $3,000 are made for each term of full-time study during either Summer 2024, Fall 2024 or Spring 2025, up to a maximum of $6,000.
Application deadline is April 30, 2024.
****However, applicants need to register in our online system in order to access the application (which can take up to 5 days) so do not wait until the last minute to apply.

For more information, including full eligibility criteria and application process, we encourage applicants to first read through the program guidelines which are available on our website:
https://www.bcartscouncil.ca/program/scholarship/

All the best,
Anissa

Anissa J. Paulsen (she/her)
Program Advisor - Indigenous Cultural Centres | Museums | Scholarship
BC Arts Council
236.478.2560 | Anissa.Paulsen at gov.bc.ca<mailto:Anissa.Paulsen at gov.bc.ca>

Check out our grant program calendar here:
BCAC program intakes (bcartscouncil.ca)<https://www.bcartscouncil.ca/app/uploads/sites/508/2023/12/BCAC-Grant-Program-Calendar.pdf>

Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture and Sport
800 Johnson Street | PO Box 9819 STN PROV GOVT | Victoria | BC | V8W 9W3
Main office:  (250) 356-1718 or reach us toll-free through Enquiry BC: 1-800-663-7867

The BC Arts Council acknowledges it carries out its work on the territories of Indigenous nations throughout British Columbia. We pay our respects to the Elders, past and present, descendants and custodians of these lands. We honour the knowledge keepers and the continuing relationships with Indigenous peoples in BC that develop through our work together. The BC Arts Council is grateful to the lək̓ʷəŋən (Songhees) and Xwsepsum (Esquimalt) ancestors and families, on whose lands we operate our main offices.