[BCMA] Call for 2024 YWCA Women of Distinction Awards nominees - Arts, Culture and Design Category

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Sep 6 17:00:16 PDT 2023

Happy September to everyone receiving this email.

Reaching out today as a member of the YWCA Women of Distinction Awards nominations committee and hoping to inspire you to nominate someone for the 2024 awards in the arts, culture and design category.

We all know an outstanding and distinguished woman within this field who deserves to be recognized. The accomplishments of these women are truly inspiring and they are wonderful mentors to future generations. I am writing you all today to help facilitate these women getting the recognition they truly deserve.

Nominations are now open<https://ywcavan.org/women-distinction-awards#nominations> and the deadline for completion is Friday December 1st at 5:00pm PST.

Please consider:

  *   Becoming a nominator which includes three steps:
1) Filling out the on-line application
2) Collecting letters of support and supplemental documentation
3) Enjoying your effort and commitment to those who inspire you!

  *   Spreading the word to your network. If you know someone who is pursuing a nomination, please let me know as we would like to keep track of the number of women who are being nominated.

Attached is a copy of the 2024 call for nominations. Please have a look through this document and let me know if there is someone you might consider nominating!

Please feel free to reach out should you have any questions or require assistance in the nominations process.

Warmly,
Amanda Sittrop
Museum Interpreter, Burnaby Village Museum
Executive Assistant, Global BC
amanda.sittrop at globalnews.ca<mailto:amanda.sittrop at globalnews.ca>