[BCMA] BC Cultural Ambassador Zaynab Mohammed returns for 'Are You Listening?'

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Oct 26 09:25:03 PDT 2023

Good morning - Nelson poet and BC Cultural Ambassador Zaynab Mohammed returns to Nelson's Cold War Bunker for two repeat performances of her one-woman show, Are You Listening? on Nov 2 and 3.

Are You Listening? is the story of a young woman who loses her innocence at a young age due to cultural inequity, and how she finds freedom from centuries of colonization and displacement. The show has been described as a courageous performance, balancing anger, pain and the desire for joy.

Mohammed is a child of immigrants fleeing war- torn countries; she uses the challenges her family endured to inform her work, focusing on messages of healing and moving forward.

I've attached a press release with further details - if you would like additional information or to set up an interview with Zaynab, please let me know.

Thanks,
Steph

Stephanie Delnea
Communications and Development Manager
The Nelson Museum, Archives & Gallery
P: 250-352-9813 x.204
c: 250-505-8153

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Our kids and family programming is ALWAYS free thanks to sponsorships and donations from our generous community. To support the Museum, click here to make a donation. <https://donate-can.keela.co/donate-nmag>

[cid:44d8ee50-9c31-4e7a-a060-3e37e0f7f99a]<https://www.nelsonmuseum.ca>
[cid:225add6e-3986-47d4-8e40-ae0d2f4f6f9e]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/38bd406a074c4b53abbda10db37b5457@nelsonmuseum.ca?anonymous&ep=bwmEmailSignature>          Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/38bd406a074c4b53abbda10db37b5457@nelsonmuseum.ca?anonymous&ep=bwmEmailSignature>