[BCMA] Possible Indigenous Items

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Oct 18 15:30:29 PDT 2023

Hello friends and colleagues,

I have been in touch with a donor in Maple Ridge who has some items that may be Indigenous belongings. She doesn’t know anything about their history or origins, but didn’t want to just give them away if they have significance and connection to a Nation who would like them, or to whom they belong.

We don’t have that expertise to make this assessment or offer any ideas, but I wanted to be in touch in case anyone would like to contact her, or have some information to pass along to her as she re-homes these items.

Please get in touch with me at kate.petrusa at burnaby.ca<mailto:kate.petrusa at burnaby.ca> to discuss further!

Thank you,

Kate Petrusa
Assistant Curator
Direct: 604-297-4559
She | Her | Hers
City of Burnaby  |  Parks, Recreation and Culture
Burnaby Village Museum
6501 Deer Lake Ave |  Burnaby, BC V5G 3T6

Our Purpose: To create the city that we all want to live in and be in.

The City of Burnaby respectfully acknowledges that Burnaby is located on the ancestral and unceded homelands of the hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ and Sḵwx̱wú7mesh speaking peoples.

The contents of this email message are solely the writings, thoughts and/or ideas of the account holder and may not necessarily reflect those of the City of Burnaby. If you have any concerns regarding inappropriate use of this account please e-mail the postmaster at burnaby.ca<mailto:postmaster at burnaby.ca>