[BCMA] LMCG: In-Person Meet Up to Discuss Conference Themes on October 18 - 3:00-4:30pm

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Oct 4 19:46:47 PDT 2023

Hello everyone!

The Lower Mainland Curators Group is hosting its last meet-up for 2023. Whether you attended conference in person, virtually, or wish you were able to attend, all are welcome to discuss themes, perspectives, and takeaways from BCMA’s Annual Conference in Haida Gwaii. It will be held at the Douglas J. Husband Discovery Centre in Delta on Wednesday, October 18th 2023 from 3:00PM to 4:30PM. Light refreshments will be served!

To register please email lowermainlandcurators at gmail.com<mailto:lowermainlandcurators at gmail.com>. Instructions on parking are listed below.

The Lower Mainland Curators Group (LMCG) was created in January 2019 for anyone with an interest in curatorial work, ideas, or themes in British Columbia.

The group is coordinated by a team of volunteer organizing members from museums around Metro Vancouver to discuss topics or themes related to curatorial work. It is for anyone with an interest in our sector including students, museum workers, and those in professions facing similar issues.

We present quarterly virtual and in-person sessions to discuss newly launched projects, share challenges and successes, and discuss lessons learned.

[cid:image001.png at 01D9F6AF.27582CA0]

The Douglas J. Husband Discovery Centre is located at 4450 Clarence Taylor Crescent<https://www.google.com/maps/search/4450+Clarence+Taylor+Crescent?entry=gmail&source=g> in Ladner. I’ve included a map below of our building and surroundings showing parking spaces at the front and two dedicated accessible parking spaces around the side of the building. There is a ramp at the front of the building (on the right side of the main entrance) and anyone requiring accessible parking spaces are also welcome to park along the roundabout.

We recommend using the route indicated by red dashes if you are walking. You are welcome to use the racks at the front entrance to secure your bicycle if that is your method of transportation.

You can enter the building using the main entrance facing the roundabout. Please let us know if you would like any additional accommodations or support for your visit.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D9F613.1E29FCE0]

[cid:image007.png at 01D9F613.6966DA20]<https://www.delta.ca/>

Michelle Taylor MMSt (she/her/hers)

Curator | City of Delta

Office: 604-952-3837 | Cell: 604-404-4829
Email: mtaylor at delta.ca<mailto:mtaylor at delta.ca>

Learn about the great programs and events<https://www.delta.ca/community-culture/arts-culture/culture-days> Delta is offering during Culture Days!

The City of Delta acknowledges that we are on the shared, traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the scəw̓aθən (Tsawwassen), xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), and other Coast Salish Peoples. We extend our appreciation to these First Nations for the opportunity to enjoy this land together.