[BCMA] BCMA Book Club - Indigenous Repatriation Handbook starts October 10th!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Oct 3 14:14:07 PDT 2023

BCMA Book Club starts again this October 10th!

Join our winter Book Club session starting October 10th at 10:00 am to read
the Indigenous Repatriation Handbook.

The goals of the handbook are to support communities and museums that are
in the beginning stages of planning for repatriation in BC and at national
and international levels. Join Lorenda and Leia in reading the Indigenous
Repatriation Handbook over 10 sessions. Our goal is to encourage thoughtful
and inquisitive group discussions among our colleagues and find ways to
implement learning!

Check our website for the reading assignments this session, or join us
without the reading to chat about the handbook and how the Book Club works!

We encourage readers who access the Handbook for free in the online format
<http://issuu.com/royalbcmuseum/docs/indigenous_repatriation_handbook_rbcm_2019>
to donate to the Haida Gwaii Museum at Kay Llnagaay in appreciation of
their hard work and dedication to the creation of this resource for use by
both Indigenous and non-Indigenous organizations.

Details here! <https://museum.bc.ca/bcma-book-club/>

[image: BCMA Book Club - BCMW.png]

--

Lorenda Calvert
Program Manager

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>