[BCMA] B.C. Arts, Culture, & Heritage Sector Insights Survey - Deadline November 22

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Nov 20 10:27:49 PST 2023

B.C. Arts, Culture, & Heritage Sector Insights Survey

We encourage arts, culture, and heritage workers, artists, and
organizations from all disciplines across British Columbia to complete the B.C.
Arts, Culture, & Heritage Sector Insights Survey to help us better
understand, advocate, and inform government, funders, and stakeholders on
the current state of the sector,.

This survey <https://survey.gvpta.ca/zs/SUzZpa> is led by GVPTA, on behalf
of and in collaboration with a coalition of B.C.-based arts, culture, and
heritage service organizations that representing thousands of arts,
culture, and heritage organizations across BC and in every community and
region. This includes hundreds of cultural businesses, venues, festivals,
consultants, and independent practitioners, as well as thousands of
professional artists, cultural practitioners, and volunteers throughout the
province.

You can review previous examples of our sector-wide surveys and reports here
<https://www.gvpta.ca/programs/covid-19-sector-impact-survey> and here
<https://www.gvpta.ca/programs/BCAC-community-feedback>.

WHAT DOES THIS SURVEY EXPLORE?

Some of the areas this survey explores include:

   -

   Working in the sector - What are artists' and workers' incomes for 2023,
   and do they expect to be working in the sector over the coming year?
   -

   Obstacles - What obstacles have artists, workers, and organizations
   faced last year, and do they expect to face in the coming months?
   -

   Risks - How are individuals and organizations feeling about their cash
   flow and current housing or facility stability?
   -

   Organizational Structure - What is the current makeup of governance and
   decision-making structures that exist within organizations?
   -

   Health and Safety - What steps are being taken, and what concerns exist
   as we move into respiratory illness season?
   -

   Mental Health and Optimism - What levels of stress and anxiety are folks
   feeling right now, and how optimistic are they as we head into 2024?
   -

   Supports - What kind of support or resources is the community looking
   for from arts funders, the government, and the arts and culture community?
   -

   Attendance Trends - Reflections on positive and negative trends in
   patron attendance over the past 6 months.

Note: Questions will differ based on whether responding as an individual or
on behalf of an organization).

WHY SHOULD I FILL OUT THE SURVEY?

Your input is valuable in helping us understand the current realities felt
by the cultural sector in British Columbia, and to assist arts service
organizations in advocating for you.

The resulting report will be shared with federal, provincial, and municipal
governments, arts funders, and stakeholders within the community to help
convey the current status of our sector and inform decision-making.

We acknowledge that survey fatigue is real, but we urge all artists, arts
and cultural workers and organizations to complete the survey today – even
if your organization has closed, or you have recently left the sector. All
input is important.

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?

The survey will take 12–15 minutes but will vary depending on how many
questions you choose to answer. Most questions in the survey are optional.

SHARE THIS SURVEY

Please help spread the word about the survey by sharing the link with
B.C.-based artists, workers, and arts, culture, and heritage organizations
in your network in order for us to build a strong dataset for the report.

If you have questions about the survey, contact GVPTA executive director
Kenji Maeda at kenji at gvpta.ca.

Closing Date: 5pm Pacific, Wednesday, November 22, 2023