[BCMA] Sooke Region Museum seeks new Executive Director

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Nov 9 10:06:05 PST 2023

The Sooke Region Historical Society (SRHS) is seeking a collaborative
leader and strong communicator to be our next Executive Director.

The SRHS owns and operates the Sooke Region Museum and Visitor Information
Centre, located on ancestral lands of T’Sou-ke people, and operating within
the region encompassing territories of Scia’new and Pacheedaht peoples and
the communities of East Sooke, Sooke, Otter Point, Shirley, Jordan River
and Port Renfrew on southern Vancouver Island, British Columbia.

Sooke is a community of 15,000+ people in an area of natural ocean and
forest beauty and year-round outdoor recreation. Sooke is known as a small
town with a big heart – where the rainforest meets the sea. The region has
a rich human and natural history, and the museum explores this history,
promotes the arts, and acts as the visitor centre.

Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be
responsible for implementing the strategic direction and overseeing
management of the Sooke Region Museum and Visitor Information Centre. We
offer benefits and an annual salary of $62,000.00-$72,000.00, commensurate
with experience.

Please refer to the attached Job Posting for more details about the role
and qualifications we are looking for in an ideal Executive Director.

To apply in confidence please email your letter of interest and resume in
Word or PDF format to sookeregionhistoricalsociety at gmail.com. Applications
will be accepted until 4 pm (Pacific Time) *December 15, 2023*.

The Sooke Region Museum and Visitor Information Centre is committed to
equity, diversity, inclusion, access, and reconciliation and an open and
transparent hiring process. We encourage and welcome all applications from
women and gender nonconforming people, people of color, Indigenous Peoples,
people with disabilities, peoples of all sexual orientations, and all
others.