[BCMA] Items being deaccessioned from the Sidney Museum & Archives

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Nov 8 12:00:00 PST 2023

Good afternoon BCMA Colleagues,

The Sidney Museum and Archives has recently deaccessioned a number of
objects from our collections which we are interested in making available
for transfer. I have attached the full list to this message. Most are from
the Museum's sizable collection of phonograph records that we are looking
to downsize to more manageable levels.

If any of these items interest you, please email me at
director at sidneymuseum.ca. I would be happy to provide additional photos and
whatever information we can, but please bear in mind that all costs
associated with transferring the item will fall to the recipient.

These items will be available for transfer until Tuesday, November 28th

Thank you!

Michael Goodchild

--
Michael Goodchild, BA, MMST.
Executive Director,

*Address*: 2423 Beacon Ave L-3, Sidney, BC V8L 1X5
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sidney+Museum/@48.6487465,-123.3993606,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xb4d51ead688151b7?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjdsI_Wmav4AhUtD0QIHRhkAVYQ_BJ6BAhCEAU>
*Tel*: 250-655-6355
*Mobile*: 1-403-585-7938
*Email*: director at sidneymuseum.ca
*Web*: https://sidneymuseum.ca/

*We respectfully acknowledge the Sidney Museum & Archives has been shaped
by the colonial history of Canada, and is located in Sidney/SET,TINES on
the traditional territory of the W̱SÁNEĆ People. We understand that
territory acknowledgment is just one part of Reconciliation, and the museum
continues to work towards other ways that we can participate in
Reconciliation alongside Indigenous communities.*