[BCMA] Explore life in a mountain town with the Nelson Museum's exhibition 'Elevation'

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Nov 3 09:06:47 PDT 2023

This November, the Nelson Museum, Archives & Gallery  brings you Elevation - an ambitious exhibition exploring the vast expanse of the mountains in the Kootenays.

This four-seasons backyard playground produced world-class athletes, built a tourism economy, and hosts adventurers from around the world. Looking beyond just celebration, Elevation explores the resounding environmental impact, the elitism of mountain sports, land and resource use, and more. Elevation presents a balanced approach to understanding mountain life.

Elevation covers a vast expanse of topics and viewpoints, and approaches the concept of mountain living through a unique lens. I've attached a press release in PDF and word format, and a high-resolution photo for publication consideration. For additional information or to arrange a conversation with Curator Arin Fay, please contact me.

Thanks,
Steph

Stephanie Delnea
Communications and Development Manager
The Nelson Museum, Archives & Gallery
P: 250-352-9813 x.204
c: 250-505-8153

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Our kids and family programming is ALWAYS free thanks to sponsorships and donations from our generous community. To support the Museum, click here to make a donation. <https://donate-can.keela.co/donate-nmag>

[cid:65bd1c46-f098-41e3-8925-3f0d039676f0]<https://www.nelsonmuseum.ca>
[cid:f4965e00-2fa2-445c-af4e-b998abbb693c]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/38bd406a074c4b53abbda10db37b5457@nelsonmuseum.ca?anonymous&ep=bwmEmailSignature>          Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/38bd406a074c4b53abbda10db37b5457@nelsonmuseum.ca?anonymous&ep=bwmEmailSignature>