[BCMA] 2023 BC Archives Awareness Week: November 12-18, 2023

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Nov 1 14:03:58 PDT 2023

please excuse cross-postings

Colleagues,

The AABC is looking forward to celebrating BC Archives Awareness Week,
November 12-18, 2023.

Join the Archives Association of British Columbia as we explore “The Past,
Present, and Future of Archives”. In these times we appreciate the basics
of our theory and practice, while also imagining the ways we can adapt and
welcome new ideas and initiatives for the future of our profession. We
invite you to attend the unconference mix of presentations, an Indigenous
archives networking forum, a student session, and a training webinar which
show where we've been, where we are, and where we can go from here.

For a schedule of events and RSVP links, please visit the AABC website at:
https://aaobc.wildapricot.org/2023-Archives-Awareness-Week

Celebrating BC Archives Awareness Week Social Media Style!

Follow along as archives throughout BC celebrate and promote Archives
Awareness Week by sharing "Past" and "Present" photos from their collection
on social media using the hashtag *#AAWpastpresentfuture.*

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions (info at aabc.ca). We
hope to see you online with us during BC Archives Awareness Week!

Sincerely,

*AABC Executive*

Lisa Glandt, MAS
Education and Advisory Services (EAS) Coordinator
Archives Association of British Columbia
email: aabc.advisor at aabc.ca
website: aabc.ca

I respectfully acknowledge that I work on the unceded, traditional and
ancestral territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh
(Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.