[BCMA] Seeking tips for hiring remote interns/staff

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue May 23 10:37:00 PDT 2023

Hello,

Does anyone have experience hiring remote interns or staff at their museum?

I’m graduating with my Master’s in Geography from the University of British
Columbia and am curious about finding remote work in a museum. I’m
particularly interested in exhibit development and grant writing.

If anyone has had successful experiences with remote workers in the past,
I’d love to hear about what made the experience successful. I'm also
curious about tips for finding or setting up remote museum opportunities.
We could schedule a zoom meeting to chat, or email responses are great too!

Thank you,
Katharine Baldwin

*Katharine Baldwin* (she/her/hers)

Master's Student in Geography

The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus

Email: kbbaldwin3 at gmail.com

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/katharine-baldwin/

*I am grateful to study on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded
territory of the **xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) people. *