[BCMA] 2023 AABC / ARMA VI Joint Conference - Call for Proposals extended - March 15, 2023

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Mar 6 18:20:34 PST 2023

please excuse cross-postings

*2023 AABC & ARMA Vancouver Island Joint Conference*

*"Access Ability: Exploring Themes of Access in Archives and Information
Management"*

*Date:* Friday, April 28, 2023

*Location:* Wilna Thomas Building, Camosun College Lansdowne Campus,
located in beautiful Victoria, B.C.

*Format:* Hybrid format (in-person and online)

As archivists and information professionals, we serve the public, our
community and/or our co-workers through access. “Accessing our collections”
is often one of the most clicked webpages on an archives website, while
information professionals similarly endeavour to improve the findability of
records. This can involve collaboration with privacy and legal experts to
limit access to records to certain approved individuals. Disability
activists and Indigenous communities have also reminded us that access
cannot and should not be a one-size-fits-all solution. Many of us are also
still perfecting our remote access models, which we had to accelerate as a
result of the ongoing pandemic. The purpose of this conference is to share
resources and ideas related to improved access. After all, access is the
primary consideration of archives and records management!

*Call for Proposals - Extended! *

The organizing committee for the AABC/ARMA VI Joint Conference 2023 are
inviting proposals related to the topic of access. The deadline for
conference proposals is *Wednesday, March 15th, 2023*. See the conference
website for more information:

https://aabcarmaviconference2023.wordpress.com/about/proposals/

Regards,

Lisa

Lisa Glandt, MAS
Education and Advisory Services (EAS) Coordinator
Archives Association of British Columbia
email: aabc.advisor at aabc.ca
website: aabc.ca

I respectfully acknowledge that I work on the unceded, traditional and
ancestral territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh
(Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.